Are you ready to Level Up? Consider these questions.
- Are you a yoga teacher or a practitioner of yoga who’s reckoning with racial unrest and feeling stuck...stuck doing the same poses, chants, and meditations but unable to show up in the current racial climate in a way that feels authentic to you?
Do you wish to “be the change” but have no idea where to start, how to start, or even if you really want to start?
- Do you flounder between “just focussing on the yoga” and feeling guilty because you’re unsure how to address issues of racial justice in your yoga space?
- Do you just want to understand the relationship between yoga and racial equity once and for all?
- Are you ready to do the hard work?
If so, this immersion is for you.
The days of being a “good” yoga teacher just by showing up with a complicated sequence and a fancy playlist are over. Our world is shifting and it needs yoga teachers to show up BIG now, more than ever. Our world is full of racial tension, hope, confusion, guilt, racial trauma, and grieving, and yoga spaces are not exempt. They are a microcosm of what’s happening in the world so you need more tools...more ways to share the transformative power of yoga to everyone you meet, no matter what race they are.
It’s time to take your practice off of your mat and into the world...YOUR world by having real conversations about race relations. It’s time to use your voice for change.
Are you ready to level up?
This virtual immersion will empower YOU to use your practice and voice to show up in the world, ready to serve rather than avoiding the complexities of race by spiritual bypassing. To teach and practice yoga inclusively, you need new skills, new conversations, new perspectives, new self-awareness...you need mindful racial equity training.
Join me for 5 LIVE sessions from October 29-December 3, 2020.
- Week 1: Introduction to Antiracism
- This session provides shared language around race, racism, and antiracism. It is the foundation of the program. We can’t talk about racism until we speak the same language.
- Week 2: Antiracism and Me
- This session examines your implicit bias. It will empower you to dig deep into your innermost self to uncover and heal your biases. This deep look within is essential to doing antiracism work, authentically.
- Week 3: Antiracism and Yoga
- This session explores the relationship between antiracism and yoga. Learn what yoga philosophy has to say about racial justice and how to approach racial justice work.
- Week 4: Antiracist Teaching and Practicing Yoga
- This session will help you identify tangible changes to make your teaching and practice more inclusive. You will leave this session with things you can do immediately, within 30, 60, 90 days and beyond.
- Week 5: Creating Racially Inclusive Yoga Spaces
- This session will guide you on how to make your yoga space (virtual or brick and mortar) more racially inclusive. If you are not a teacher or studio owner, this session will help you discover ways that you can make your personal yoga space more racially inclusive.
- Thursday, October 29, 7-9pm
- Thursday, November 5, 7-9pm
- Thursday, November 12, 7-9pm
- Thursday, November 19, 7-9
- Thursday, December 3, 7-9
This training is worth 12 CEU by Yoga Alliance and the International Yoga Therapy Association.